Secretary & Treasurer
The Secretary is responsible for Club records and correspondence. The role involves all administrative details between the club and Toastmasters, and keeping the club's documents available and up-to-date. This office ranks fifth among the seven.
The Secretary cares for the club's records, including by-laws and constitution. Updated membership records, new member applications, supply orders, officers' lists, and past club records fall to the Secretary for execution. The Secretary also records and reads the meeting minutes, for meetings of the club and of the Executive team.
The Treasurer is responsible for Club financial policies, procedures and controls. The role involves the club's finances, including dues collection and materials purchasing. This office ranks sixth among the seven. Collects dues and pays dues to Toastmasters International, and maintains records. All club accounts come through this office. Dues notices and collection falls to the Treasurer. Makes financial reports to the Club at least quarterly. Receives and disburses, with approval of the Club, all Club funds.
Some specific duties of the Secretary and Treasurer are:
• Maintains an accurate membership roster
• Records meeting minutes
• Prepares and mails orders for Toastmasters supplies
• Prepares the Semiannual Membership Report, collects dues submits to World Headquarters (with President)
• Issues checks to World Headquarters for semiannual membership dues/New Member Fees
• Keeps complete and accurate records of all financial transactions
• Prepares a monthly financial report
Important Dates and Deadlines for the Secretary and Treasurer are:
• As appropriate - issue check to World Headquarters for new member dues and fees
• As appropriate - issues check to World Headquarters, vendors or members for supplies
• As appropriate - update and publish club membership roster
• As appropriate - prepare and publish minutes of executive officer meetings
• Monthly - prepare financial report and present report to officers, members
• July - prepare and submit annual club budget to executive officers, President
• July - participate in meeting to complete annual "Club Success Plan"
• Month of September- collect dues from all club members; assist President in completing club Semiannual Membership Report
• By September 30 - issue check to World Headquarters for semiannual membership dues; club Semiannual Membership Report due to World Headquarters October 1st
• August/September - issue checks for supplies, trophies for club speech contests
• January - participate in meeting to update annual "Club Success Plan"
• February/March - issue checks for supplies, trophies for club speech contests
• Month of March - collect dues from all club members; assist President in completing club Semiannual Membership Report
• By March 31 - issue check to World Headquarters for semiannual membership dues; club Semiannual Membership Report due to World Headquarters April 1sts