Sergeant at Arms
The Sergeant at Arms handles meeting facilities and decorum. The role involves all those tasks expected of the host of the meeting. This office ranks seventh among the seven.
The SAA arranges setup for all meetings, sets out and cares for the club's materials and supplies, Club property, including banner, nametags, and supplies, and greets members and especially guests. Chairs Social and Reception Committees.
Some specific duties of the Sergeant at Arms are:
• Arranges room and equipment for each meeting
• Greets all guests and members
• Collects ballots and tallies votes for awards
• Maintains all Club equipment and materials
Important Dates and Deadlines for the Sergeant at Arms are:
• Each meeting - set up room before meeting
• Each meeting - greet guests and members; have guests use name tags, sign guest book
• As necessary - arrange for meeting room location
• January - participate in meeting to update annual "Club Success Plan"
• February/March - arrange for room location for club contest
• July - participate in meeting to complete annual "Club Success Plan"
• July/August - arrange for room location for club contest