Vice President Membership
The VP Membership handles sustaining and boosting the number of club members. The role involves marketing and some administration. This office ranks third among the seven.
The VPM plans, organizes, and implements a continuous marketing effort to ensure that club membership remains above charter strength (20 members). This is done both by retaining current member, with the VPE, and by gathering new members, with the VPPR. The VPM is responsible for the semi-annual membership reports that go to Toastmasters, and for keeping the membership roster and attendance records. Serves as one of the Club’s representatives on Area and District Councils.
Some specific duties of the Vice-President - Membership are:
• Develops program(s) for recruiting new members
• Assimilates new members.
• Greets all guests and encourages them to join; completes all Applications for Membership; forwards application and dues to Toastmasters International; and presents new members to club.
Important Dates and Deadlines for the Vice-President - Membership are:
• As appropriate - implement membership recruitment programs, contests
• As appropriate - encourage visitors to complete membership application form
• When received - submit application form and dues to World Headquarters
• July - participate in meeting to complete annual "Club Success Plan"
• December - assist President in completing semiannual membership report
• January - participate in meeting to update annual "Club Success Plan"
• June - assist President in completing semiannual membership report